A key element of research in the Opti Lab has been experimentation with sensorimotor training tools, including several developed by Nike Inc. Through research supported by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Army Research Office (ARO), we have conducted laboratory and field studies in unique groups of expert athletes and soldiers, leading to several papers addressing perceptual and motor expertise. Among these are studies addressing …
- Individual variability in sensorimotor function (Wang et al., 2015)
- Sensorimotor expertise in athletes (Klemish, 2017)
- Stroboscopic training (Appelbaum 2011, Appelbaum 2012)
- Sports vision training (Krasich 2016; Appelbaum 2016; Appelbaum & Erickson 2016).
- Visual training as an remediation for lower extremity injury (Gromes 2014)
- Sensorimotor learning in immersive virtual environments (Rao et al, Under Review)